What We Do
Programs and Services
Our Day Support Program provides an engaging and safe environment to meet each individual’s needs by:
- Offering a variety of activities to stimulate interest and increase skills
- Providing opportunities for socialization
- Outside activities to encourage inclusion in the community
Individuals participating in the Group Day Program meets at the center on a daily basis. The Program provides opportunities for individuals to improve and learn skills as well as enjoy group activities in a variety of settings.
Community Engagement Program
Participants spend the majority of the day in the community to learn and improve skills while focusing on becoming an active member of the community through volunteer work and participation in community events.
Hours: 9a.m. – 3p.m. Monday thru Friday
Activities include: Arts and Crafts, Music, Games, Special Events, Exercise, Volunteer Opportunities, and Community OutingsApply For Services
Achieve With Us
The Arc of Central Virginia offers residential programs to help families maintain individuals with disabilities in a community setting. The Arc believes that people belong in their own communities and focuses on providing the support needed for individuals to live as independently as possible.
• Provides the individual with additional supports in the home and community, to learn new skills and increase independence
• Acts as a supplement to the services and supports families provide on a day to day basis. The Arc provides staff for individuals so that family members can take an occasional break from the responsibility of caregiving.
Independent Living Support
A program that empowers individuals (18 and older) by offering skill building and support to secure a self-sustaining, independent living situation in the community and/or provides the support necessary to maintain those skills. The Arc provides staff to assist individuals in their own homes by training, reminding, observing, guiding, and supporting them with daily activities such as shopping, housekeeping, meal preparation, laundry, banking, and personal care.
Sponsored Residential Program
• Gives individuals the opportunity to live in a family home in the community while receiving assistance, supervision and monitoring from The Arc.
• Providers care for the daily needs of the individuals placed in their home, while receiving compensation from The Arc for the services provided
Achieve With Us
The Arc of Central Virginia can help you conduct a career search, negotiate employment, and get the support you need to obtain and retain employment. We work in partnership with the Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services, and other referral sources, to help you find the resources you need to become self-sufficient. Participants are active partners in the employment process. Participants are provided with a level of support that meets their current skills, experience and employment needs. Job Coaches provide one-on-one support with learning job tasks, implementing accommodations to the worksite to promote independence, and work with the employer to establish long-term supports. The goal of our program is to help individuals find employment that is aligned with their unique strengths, abilities, priorities and interests.
We design services to fit you:
• Supported Employment
• Post-employment support
• Career search strategies
• School to work transition
• Work incentives counseling
Camp Meadowlarks is a super-fun four week summer camp for individuals with developmental and physical disabilities. Campers experience a full roster of summer camp activities including water play, arts and crafts, music and drama, sports, games, nature study, theme days and much more. All activities are adapted to ensure that every camper experiences success and has fun!
• Ages 2 to adults
• Experienced staff and volunteers
• Transportation available
• Special “Explorers Week” for ages 14 and over
Hours: 9:30a.m. – 1:30p.m. Monday thru Friday during the month of July. Closed the 4th of July.